20 9 / 2014
Reasons abortion should be fully covered on all insurance plans:
- If you can’t afford an abortion, you definitely can’t afford a pregnancy
- If you can’t afford an abortion, and are forced to carry a pregnancy to term anyway, you sure as hell can’t afford a child
Who the fuck do you think you’re really protecting here?
20 9 / 2014
what if people named their kids when they turn 18 so the kid has a name that fits its personality
19 9 / 2014
Sexualities/Genders (And Other Terms One Should Know)
- 1: Male-identifying individual sexually attracted to a female-identifying individual, and vice-versa.
- 2: Someone attracted to someone of the same gender as themselves.
- 3: Sexually attracted to two or more genders.
- 4: Sexually attracted to many genders, but not all.
- 5: Sexually attracted to all genders. (this and bisexual, and sometimes polysexual, are often considered to be the same thing and different people may simply identify as any one of them due to their own personal reasons)
- 6: Sexually attracted to people only after forming a bond with them first.
- 7: Having no /sexual attraction/ to others; having no desire to have sex.
- 8: Male-identifying individual romantically attracted to female-identifying individuals, and vice-versa.
- 9: Attracted romantically to the same gender.
- 10: Attracted romantically to two or more genders
- 11: Attracted to many genders (but not all)
- 12: Attracted romantically to all genders
- 13: Romantically attracted to people only after forming a bond with them first.
- 14: Having no /romantic attraction/ to others; having no desire to be in a romantic relationship.
- 15: Someone who is attracted to, and is comfortable with being in a relationship with more than one person at a time.
- 16: An individual who identifies as a gender other than the one they were assigned at birth to be. Often shortened to trans
- 17: Someone who identifies as the gender that they were assigned as at birth. (ex. matches their birth certificate) Often shortened to cis
- 18: Someone who has ambiguous genitalia that doesn't fit into our strict dichotomy of uterus or testes. Often forced into surgery to correct their genitals at a very young age, causing psychological and physical harm later in life
- 19: Outside of the gender binary of male and female. (Can be used as an umbrella term or as its own identity)
- 20: Outside of the gender binary. (**This is not an umbrella term like the post said before I edited it! Do not use this as an umbrella term for nonbinary individuals, simply use 'nonbinary'. Queer is considered a slur and not everyone likes to be associated with the word)
- 21: Someone who feels gender neutral, or someone who experiences a 'lack' of gender.
- 22: Someone who identifies as two separate genders.
- 23: Someone who identifies as three separate genders.
- 24: A gender that changes, or is 'fluid'.
- 25: Identifying partially as a woman, but not wholly.
- 26: Identifying partially as a man, but not wholly.
- 27: Designated Male at Birth.
- 28: Designated Female at Birth.
- 29: Same as dmab/dmab, except with 'assigned' instead of 'designted'.
- 30: Same as previous, except prefixed by 'coercively', to highlight the lack of choice.
- 31: )
- **I edited this post because it used some archaic and incorrect terms/definitions, and needed more terms added to it. -Vivian Mareepe